Friday, January 9, 2009

2003


Jeff left for Omaha on New Year's Day while the kids and I stayed behind in Georgia to sell our house.  The house did not sell until May (after the first sale fell through) so the kids finished up the school-year in Georgia.  Jeff was not liking Omaha and kept looking for other jobs.  Two weeks before our scheduled move, he landed a job in Phoenix.  Phoenix sounded better than Omaha to both of us!

We drove our belongings across the country in our cars and Grandpa Dwain drove the big truck.  We lived in an apartment in Ahwatukee while we decided which metro-phoenix area we wanted to settle into.  We ended up buying a spec home in Southeast Chandler and loved it. 

I got a 10 day vacation from my responsibilities because I was sent to the hospital after my doctor received some routine lab results where my hemoglobin was 2.4 (normal range is above 12).  Actually, I did not see it as a vacation and I felt like I was being kept hostage.  Those were the longest 10 days of my life!!  Thanks to Grandma Anna Rae for taking over my responsibilities for the duration of my "vacation".

Morgan started 2nd grade at Basha Elementary and participated in Girl Scouts.  I was not able to enroll Emily and Ian Kindergarten because the missed the deadline by 1 day.  Here is to another year in the pre-K program!  They were not happy about this at all (in Georgia they would have made the Kindergarten deadline).

We are very happy that we ended up in Arizona and not Nebraska!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!! Cute pictures!!!! The Biddles are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete