Friday, January 9, 2009

2000


We had fun telling our family in California that they were "so last millennium" when the clock struck 12:00 in Georgia first!  We were so thankful that this was the year that Emily finally stopped crying and was a happy, healthy and cute little girl.  

We celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary, Morgan turned four and we had the terrible twos times two!  We also enjoyed our trips to South Carolina to visit the Chitwoods and we also loved their tips to see us.

In September I started teaching preschool three mornings a week while Morgan attended a 4-year-old class and Emily & Ian were in a two-year-old class together.  This worked out very well because I was able to earn some money and my kids were right down the hall having fun and learning new things!  I also had the opportunity to interact with adults which is always a plus.  I was also coaching the Young Women's (teens) basketball team for our church.

Jeff was still a law student and working full time.  We did not get to see him very much between work, school, and studying, but we sure did enjoy the time that he was able to give.

I will never forget the "Ice Storm 2000" which basically turned all of Atlanta and surrounding cities into a big icicle.  The kids and I were at home without Jeff and we had been without power and it was getting very cold in the house.  This is where my resourcefulness came in handy... I was so thankful that we had a gas stove!  I turned on the oven, left the oven door open, and prayed that the kids would be obedient and not touch the oven.  Luckily the oven kept us warm and we had no mishaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment